As a Christian community, we:
- Profess faith in God as our Creator, and interweave God’s infallible Word — the Old and the New Testaments — into the teaching of all subjects.
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, and affirm Christ as Lord in all areas of life.
- Believe the Holy Spirit is working among us, and encourage each student to discover his or her unique gifts and respond to God’s guidance.
Maintain a Christ-centered focus
- Recognize that BCA is Christ’s school and that all school activities are to glorify God.
- Nurture students’ spiritual growth through prayer, worship, and Bible study so they learn to apply Biblical principles to their lives.
- Encourage students to develop a fervent love for the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to serve Him throughout their lives.
Provide excellent academics
- Recognize each student’s uniqueness, and challenge students to fully develop the spiritual, intellectual, artistic, and physical gifts God has given them.
- Balance teaching of basic skills with units that incorporate many subject areas.
- Guide students toward a Christian worldview by integrating faith into academic subjects.
Partner with parents in a Christian community
- Involve parents to actively participate in the education of their children and ensure open communication between parents and teachers.
- Provide opportunities for parents to serve in the day-to-day operation, success, and promotion of the school.
- Build a caring community recognized for loving God and loving our neighbor as ourselves.
BCA has a history of outstanding academic achievement. We attribute this to several key components of our daily school life:
- effective prayer,
- teaching the whole child,
- an enriching curriculum,
- exceptional teachers,
- strong parental involvement,
- our thorough focus on God in all areas of study, and a recognition that strong faith and academic excellence complement each other.
We had a chance to watch the newly released Indoctrination DVD - Public Schools and the Decline of Christianity in America... stunning! It made us completely re-evelaute how our children are being educated and desire a situation where our Christian values are accepted and upheld and taught. We checked out other Christian schools in the area - one just being too expensive for our budget and a couple of others that only went through some elementary grades and another that had the view they were prepping the students for the public system. We have happily landed at BCA and are more than thrilled with the teachers, the teaching. - submitted by parent, Greatschools.com