Homeschool Extension Program
Junior/ Senior High classes (Grades 7 - 12)
It is the desire of BCA to assist parents in their God-given responsibility to educate their children, whether they choose a traditional school environment or homeschooling. BCA's Homeschool Extension Program (HSE) is for students whose families are committed to homeschooling as an educational choice and desire outside courses to supplement their secondary homeschool curriculum. Homeschool parents who participate in this program are fully responsible for reporting BCA courses and grades to their school districts. Parents will have access to their child's grades and homework completion records online through Engrade.
We offer our junior and senior high school classes to homeschool students as space allows. HSE students may take up to two academic classes per semester, plus a gym class if desired. Tentative class schedules will be available in March.
A math placement test is required for those registering for a math or science class. A reading comprehension/language test may be required for those registering for an English or history class.
Homeschool Extension Program Fees
• $75 registration fee per student
• $500 per academic class
• $250 per fine arts or computer class
• $200 per choir, gym, or band class
• $60 per sport
• $60 per science class
• $60 per foreign language fee
HSE students may join our soccer, basketball, and/or volleyball teams. BCA is a member of the Empire State Christian Athletic League.
Common Questions and Answers
What are the entrance requirements?
• Visit the school and meet the headmaster/principal.
• Submit completed application and enrollment paperwork
• Parents and student complete
an entrance interview with the headmaster and a school board member
• Academic screening of student
What are Baldwinsville Christian Academy's responsibilities to a Homeschool Extension
• Offer a variety of academic and elective classes taught from a Christian perspective
• Provide access to teachers regarding coursework
• Provide parents access to Engrade
Will my child have access to standardized testing?
All HSE students (grades 7-11) may participate in the Terra Nova Testing offered in the spring for $30. In the fall, sophomores may take the PLAN (a career assessment tool), and the juniors may take the PSAT, each for $30.